Sheep Love story on magic night light!
Here is the end of the symphony in blue: the magical night light!
What could be more effective for sleep, than counting sheep? huh?
From this simple observation, so I cobbled together with my beloved husband a magical night light, who will fall asleep any young and old people very easily! And it’s magic, it works!(I promised, you count for half an hour with a small chamber music suitable, I assure you that you start to yawn , I tested yesterday)
The story of the making of for this lamp is a bit longer than that, because if I told you that we started 4 years ago (6 months before the birth of Aline, you follow very well) you will find immediately that the idea has asked a lot of maturity!
The thorny problem we had with the light, was solved in 2 steps, a few weeks ago: the discovery of printing on fabric + discovery of starch (really cool trick that you’ll soon see for other derivatives).
The light pop in our heads and a few days later, the project finally saw the ending!
(Not too early tell our daughter that her night waiting since birth … yes yes, no less!)
And as I am a modern mom, I even managed to get a little movie of the thing! We can not stop progress! (For cons I disclaim any responsibility if you are caught in a sudden urge to sleep after having watched!:))
© Copyright 2010 – Kallou
Are you sleeping?!….
Not yet? Arf, I’ve tried yet!
So, my tips (for me if I had the idea to redo it, or if you feel like you want to try the adventure!):
- Check on its design, all parties are colored and that there is no piece of white.
- Do not hesitate to make a dark enough color in the background, with light it brightens a lot
- For the paste, do it on a smooth surface, otherwise it takes relief (and yes!)
- Think about removing all dirt before putting the paste (if not, they will stick to your cloth like flies!)
- Do not use colored clothespins to hold your fabric in place at the time of the glue (otherwise it rubs off, obviously)
- have a great nice husband for all the technical parts (and I don’t lend mine:D)
Voila! otherwise the idea is simple: a wooden propeller on top, a light bulb that heats (we forget the energy saving bulbs), and with the heat, the pilot begins to turn alone … like magic! And as you’re cute, I’ll show you behind the scenes! (Much less glamorous like that!^ ^)
So yes Aline waited a loooong time his lamp, but if you have seen all the stars that was in her eyes last night, believe me, it worth it! (The question, “Why don’t you paint the background in pink, mommy?” I do not answer! Na!^^)
The story does not say after how many sheep, Aline fell asleep?